Thursday 28 March 2013

Afternoon Daydream

I must admit that I'm not really a scrapbooker!  I want to get into it more so I can scrap everything from my Wedding, Minimoon and once we get there Honeymoon.

I was a little worried when I had to do a workshop for a group of ladies who were keen scrapbookers.  Desperate for ideas of what I could make to show them I ordered the Afternoon Daydream Simply Scrappin kit.

WHY HAD I NOT ORDERED THESE KITS BEFORE???

Not just for scrapbooking, I can use these for everything!!!  These kits are lovely! 

The Afternoon Daydream kit came with 8 sheets of 12"x12" card stock (2 each of Pool Party, Primrose Petals, More Mustard and Basic Gray), 6 sheets of double sided designer paper (12"x12" again, 3 sheets of two designs), and three sheets of card stock stickers. 

I think that last bit is why I never ordered it before - £18.95 for 14 pieces of 12x12 and 3 sheets of stickers.  These are not really stickers.... well... they are...BUT... we need a better name for them!  They aren't stickers how I imagined.  They are lovely card embellishments that just happen to be self adhesive.  and THREE  12"x12" sheets full of borders, butterflies, shapes, journalling cards!

Sheet 1: 20 self adhesive patterned borders (FAB for scrapbooking ~ see layout below where I have used one - you could use a whole bunch on one layout but you don't need it they're lovely on their own so these will last AGES!)

Sheet 2: 46 various labels, shapes, journalling cards and other details - all self adhesive to save a bit of time and effort, all in lovely colours to match the papers in the kit

Sheet 3:  Fifty various circles, and fancy scallopy labels AND at least 16 butterflies (Some are small and white so I can't see them all on the digital copy of the catalogue that I'm currently counting these on!!)  again all self adhesive in co-ordinating colours.

I'm a convert to these Simply Scrappin kits - they are lovely and definitely good value for money!

Anyway after much babbling, here is my layout.  Everything is from the kit apart from the photo and white mat behind the photo:




Aren't those butterflies so cool?  AND best of all it was easy for me as a non scrapbooker and this entire layout took less than 5 minutes (after I'd cooed over the kit!)

I will definitely be using these elements on cards too!!
Have a lovely day and a great Easter weekend!

Stephanie-Emma




Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments I love receiving them xxx