Tuesday 26 March 2013

Working with bleach....

...no don't worry I'm not going to be posting about housework - something much more fun!
Here is a scrapbook layout where I used bleach to create a background effect.

Although I didn't actually realise at the time I think it gives a bit of a sandy effect which suits my penguin photo!
I started with a piece of Basic Black cardstock which I cut down to 8" x 8" to fit into an 8" page protector.  I then cut a piece of Basic Gray card stock slightly smaller to stick ontop but leave a slight black border.  I sprayed the gray with bleach using a Stampin Spritzer to get the background effect. 

I also added a few glimmer brads in black and mounted my penguin photo first onto silver glimmer paper, then basic black card stock to make it "pop" a bit!


Finally I stamped onto glimmer paper using the phrase from the Fees Good stamp set and also the penguin from the Zoo Review set.  I used my Stampin Write markers to colour in his feet, beak and wings.

Another picture without the flash so less sparkle but you can see how well you can stamp onto glimmer paper - I'd never tried stamping on glimmer paper before and was pleasantly surprised!!

If you would like to know more about these or other Stampin' Up! products or would be interested in hosting a workshop then do get in touch!

Have a great day!!

Stephanie-Emma x


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments I love receiving them xxx